Enter your e-mail address and we will send you a link with which you can reset your password
Enter your e-mail address and we will send you a link with which you can reset your password
We are committed to protecting your personal data; your privacy matters to us. That is why we have developed this Privacy and Cookies Notice to explain how we collect, use, share and store your personal information when you use this website, and to inform you about how we will look after that information. This includes any information you may provide us with when you sign up to keep in touch with us or take part in any competitions that we might run.
It is important that you take some time to read and familiarise yourself with this Notice, together with our website terms and conditions and any other privacy or fair processing notices that we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you. This will help you to be fully aware of how and why we are using your information.
If you do not agree with any term in this policy, please do not use the website or submit any personal information to or through it.
William Grant & Sons Limited (Company Number SC131772) is the data controller responsible for your personal data.
Our registered address is:
The Glenfiddich Distillery
All references to "our", "us", "we" or "Company"; within this policy are deemed to refer to William Grant & Sons Limited, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
Kininvie is a brand owned by us and we own and operate www.kininvie.com.
Our contact details are:
William Grant & Sons Limited
84 Lower Mortlake Road
Please note, it is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if personal data we hold about you changes during your relationship with us.
From time to time this website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, platforms and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements or for how they collect and use your personal information. When you leave our website, we strongly advise you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit before you submit any personal information to them.
Personal data or personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You must not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction in which you reside and (if different) in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the website(s). We do not intend to collect personal information from any individuals under the legal purchase age, or to market alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal purchase age. If we receive notice or believe that someone under the legal purchase age has provided us with personal information we will make every reasonable effort to remove such personal information from our files, or to flag such personal information and (to the extent permitted by law) retain it for the sole purpose of ensuring that it is no longer used.
The personal information we collect includes:
(a) information you provide to us; and
(b) information we automatically collect or generate. We have set out below more details about these types of information:
(a) INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US these types of information might include:
(b) INFORMATION WE GENERATE OR AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT: these types of personal information may relate to your device (such as your PC, tablet or other mobile device) your use of our websites and apps, photographs and video recordings made by us or on our behalf and / or your personal preferences, interests or geographic location. Examples of these types of information might include:
a. visit and use our website;
b. contact us with an enquiry or other feedback
c. enter any competition, promotion, prize draw or event that we run on this website;
d. fill in an online questionnaire (such as a customer satisfaction survey);
e. provide payment card details (such as when purchasing products from us);
f. register on a website or app or leave any reviews or comments;
g. inform us of your marketing preferences (these should be communicated to us via DataProtection@wgrant.com)
h. communicate with us via social media websites, third party apps or similar technologies; and / or
i. attend events run by us or on our behalf.
Information that you post on or through any public areas of the website (such as chatrooms, bulletin boards or discussion forums) and on any social media pages that we operate is publicly available information. This means that it is generally accessible to, and may be collected by, others and may be used by them to send you unsolicited messages. We do not have control over if or how other people may use that information therefore you should use caution and ensure not to disclose personal information when using public web areas or social media. We will not be responsible for any postings that you make with personal information in them.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They can't harm your computer. If you’d like to read more about cookies, this website contains a lot of useful information that may be of interest: http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx
a. estimate our audience size and usage pattern; and
b. recognise you when you return to the website(s).
So that you can make full use of the personalised features on our website(s), your computer, mobile phone or other device that you use to access the internet will need to accept cookies.
Here's a list of the main cookies that may be sent to your device and what we use each cookie for. You can set your browser to reject cookies (see below for more information on how to do this), but if you do this, certain personalised features of our website(s) cannot be provided to you.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Purpose||More Information|
Google Analytics. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Website(s). The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website(s), where visitors have come to the Website(s) from and the pages they visited.
Google Analytics uses these cookies to distinguish between users.
This cookie shows that the user has passed the age gate and the contains their date of birth and country.
This cookie shows that the user has passed the age gate.
PHP Session cookie that helps pass information across page changes.
This cookie keeps the user on the country website they selected on the age gate.
This cookie is set by Maxemail, our marketing email service provider.
Click here for an overview of privacy at Maxemail https://maxemail.xtremepush.com/cookies-and-privacy-policy/
To support our website(s) we may occasionally embed photos and video content from other third party websites such as Flickr and YouTube. Pages with this embedded content may present you with cookies from these websites. We do not control the distribution of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Please note that switching off cookies may reduce the functionality of (or prevent access to) certain websites.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to and it is fair for us to do so. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following ways:
a. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; For example, this
will be the basis upon which we collect information which is necessary for us to understand our markets and consumers, to promote our services and to operate our
(This is the legal basis upon which we may process your personal data where it has been collected for the purposes listed in paragraph 10a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, k, m, n, p and q below)
b. Where we need to perform a contract that we are about to enter into, or have entered into with you;
(This is the legal basis upon which we may process your personal data where it has been collected for the purposes listed in paragraph 10o below)
c. Where we need to comply with a legal or other regulatory obligation;
(This is the legal basis upon which we may process your personal data where it has been collected for the purposes listed in paragraph 10i, l and q below)
d. Where you have given us your consent that we do so, for example where you have given your consent to receive marketing or other information from us. Please note,
you can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing e-mail we send you.
We use your personal information to:
Please note that when you contact us, we may keep a copy of the resultant correspondence.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure the security of the personal information we collect and store about you. We will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure and / or access, however unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we have no control over the privacy of any communication while it is in transit to us.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our site. Accordingly, any transmission is at your own risk.
All information you provide to us is stored in secure managed servers and we will limit access to your personal data to those of our employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. Any payment transactions are encrypted usingSSL technology, and payment details are not kept following completion of the transaction.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You will be responsible for controlling access to your account and for any activity under your account and password. We therefore ask you not to share your password with anyone. We will not be liable for any loss or damage where you have not complied with this obligation.
Where we are legally required to do so, we will notify you and any applicable data protection authority or other regulator should there be an actual or suspected personal data breach involving your personal information.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations that we may have. We will only keep personal data for longer where there is a legal requirement for us to do so.
To determine how long we should keep your information for, we will consider the amount, type, and sensitivity of the personal information involved as well as the potential risk of harm if it is lost, or used or disclosed without authorisation. We will also consider the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means without the need to keep your data.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data (see section 15 below for more information).In some circumstances, we may also anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, for example for statistical purposes. Where we do this, we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Sometimes, we will give you the option to choose whether you would like to receive information from us or not (e.g. by choosing to opt in to receiving emails from us with news about our brands or promotional offers). However, sometimes we will need to collect information from you by law or you will sometimes not have the option to opt out, such as when we are satisfying the obligations of a contract we have with you, or administering a transaction requested by you[, i.e. if you purchase products from us online]. In some circumstances, if you choose not to provide certain information, we may be unable to provide you with a certain service or product.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group of companies – this includes any of our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to our suppliers, distributors (wholly or partly owned) and other contractors who are engaged by us to assist in the provision of products and services to you, including delivery of products ordered by you and the conduct of market research which you have agreed to participate in, as well as to other third parties if:
a. the third party has been appointed to perform certain functions on our behalf, (for example to administer any competitions, prize draws and promotions we run on this website; or to provide technical services in relation to this website; [or to provide technical or other services in relation to the processing of customer payments and orders;) or to provide technical or other services in relation to the processing of your personal information for mailing or marketing purposes for our products or services, to which you have consented) and it needs access to your personal information to be able to properly perform their function;
b. we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the company, our customers, or consumers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
c. we become involved in any merger or acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of all or part of our group companies’ business or assets, user information (including the personal information collected from you through your use of this website) may be included in the assets which are transferred to the new owner. We use only carefully selected third parties to help us deliver our services and products to you and they are only allowed to use your personal information to deliver the services or products you have purchased, registered for or subscribed to. We do not allow them to use your personal data for their own purposes. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We will never share any of your personal data with anybody outside of our group of companies for third party mailing or marketing purposes unless we have your consent to do so.
As a global business, we may sometimes need to transfer personal data to another country which is outside of the EEA. Where this is the case and your personal data in affected, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is in place to protect your personal data.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. This includes the right to:
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, or you have any concerns about how we process your information, please e-mail us at DataProtection@wgrant.com so that we can investigate and hopefully resolve your concerns.
If we are unable to satisfactorily deal with your concerns then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority.
Where we have collected your personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis on which to continue processing your information, if you subsequently withdraw your consent we will delete your personal information.
You can withdraw your consent, change your preferences, or opt out from hearing further from us by letting us know using the contact details set out at section 2 of this Notice or by e-mailing us at DataProtection@wgrant.com.
You can also ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you. However please note, where you unsubscribe from receiving e-mailed marketing communications from us, we will keep a note of your e-mail address to make sure that we do not send you further e-mailed marketing communications in future.
Issue Date: May 2018
Any use by you of the Kininvie website at www.kininvie.com (Website) is conditional upon your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy and Cookies Notice. The following Terms and Conditions apply to users, viewers and all people who access this Website.
Kininvie is a member of the William Grant & Sons Group of companies (WGS Group), the parent company of which is William Grant & Sons Limited, registered in Scotland with company number 131772 and registered office at The Glenfiddich Distillery, Dufftown, Banffshire, AB55 4DH. Please read these terms carefully before using the Website. Using the Website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the Website.
TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE YOU MUST BE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE IN THE COUNTRY WHERE YOU ARE VIEWING THIS SITE. IF YOU ARE NOT, DO NOT ENTER THIS SITE.
All references to our, us, we or Company within this policy and within the Privacy and Cookies Notice are deemed to refer to William Grant & Sons Limited, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
1. You may access most areas of the Website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the Website are only open to you if you register.
2. The Company may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting.
3. It is your responsibility periodically to review this page for updates to these Terms & Conditions, which shall come into effect once posted. Your continued use of the Site will be deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy and Cookies Notice.
4. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Website (including without limitation trademarks, designs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials and bottle designs) are owned or licensed by the Company.
5. Without limitation, the trademarks and all related logos, labels, bottle designs and all other intellectual property associated with the Kininvie are owned by the Company.
6. Any other product names and images used in this Website are for identification purposes only. All trademarks and registered trademarks included in such product names and images are the property of their respective owners.
7. Material from this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, commercially exploited or adapted in any way without the prior written consent of the Company.
8. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions are reserved.
9. The Company shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily or permanently without notice.
10. Without prejudice to Clause 9, the Company reserves the right to suspend, terminate or restrict access to the Website if these Terms and Conditions are breached.
11. You shall keep any passwords and usernames allocated to you confidential and the Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the username and password if the Company suspects non-compliance by you with these Terms and Conditions.
12. You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or
in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent effect; to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any form of spam;
to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
to undertake any other activity that would contravene the Computer Misuse Act 1990 (UK).
13. Other than personally identifiable information, which is covered under our Privacy and Cookies Notice , where you are invited to submit any contribution to this Website (including without limitation any text, graphics, video or audio) you grant the Company a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, communicate to the public and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such work and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content, consistent with privacy restrictions set forth in the Companys Privacy and Cookies Notice. If you do not wish to grant such rights to the Company, you should not submit your contribution to this Website.
14. By submitting your content to this Website, you also:
warrant that such contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the Company for all the purposes specified above; and agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Website and the other purposes specified above.
15. You agree not to submit any contribution that is not original to you or otherwise infringes the rights of, or that restricts or inhibits the use and enjoyment of this Website by, any third party. Your use and submission must not be unlawful, nor may it harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and will not contain obscene or offensive content or disrupt the normal flow of dialogue within this Website.
16. You will not, nor will you encourage any other party, to make any statement or
introduce any contribution which includes:
swearing and/or unacceptable, indecent, defamatory, threatening, violent or discriminatory (based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age or physical or mental disability) language;>
discussions that encourage, promote or provide information about illegal or criminal activities (including but not limited to pornography, explosives, weapons, violence, drugs, programming viruses, computer hacking and copyright infringement)
posting of addresses for other web sites or content that infringes any third party's intellectual property rights
exchanging telephone numbers or home addresses, the harassment of other users of the site (either privately or in a public forum), or the impersonation of our staff, celebrities or any other characters
actions that would disrupt or impair the functioning, stability or security of the site (including but not limited to the introduction of viruses, bugs, worms, Trojan horses or any other form of contaminants)
advertisements, promotions, unsolicited approaches, or any other use of the site for unauthorised commercial purposes; and
any derogatory remarks about the Company or the site.
17. You agree to indemnify the Company against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Company as a result of a breach or suspected breach by you of any of the Terms or the rights of any third party or any violation by you of any law.
18. Although we ask all Website users to adhere to these Terms, you acknowledge that other users may submit material that you consider offensive or objectionable. The Company assumes no responsibility or liability for the individual user content submitted to the Website and such submissions do not represent the views of the Company.
19. In contributing to our Website you agree to grant us a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to publish and otherwise use the material in any way that we want, and in any media worldwide.
21. While the Company endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, the Company does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website. The Company may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and the Company makes no commitment to update such material. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company provides you with the Website on the basis that the Company excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law).
22. Subject to Clause 23, the Company, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), and any of the Companys group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit the Companys liability for:
death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Company, its directors, agents, officers or representatives;
fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
24. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts although the Company retains the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms and Conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Issue Date: 08.11.12